donderdag 20 september 2012

Stagnation

Not really, but that's what it feels like. After pushing myself to finish the dark eldar, it feels like I'm doing  nothing for the moment. Actually there's quite a lot going on at the moment.
As illustrated by the pictures I'm venturing outside of my "comfort zone " by trying on static military modelling. Talking about return to my roots. This is how I started with the hobby in the first place.


And of course I'm still working on my sculpting/ converting skills. I'm reasonably happy with this tru scale dark apostle. Now lets get some paint on him

As a final remark I must say that as a "fantasy " mini painter I'most of the time not over the moon about the style of miniature painting in military modelling. The vehicles are most of the time excellent. But the soldiers etc... don't do it for me. So let's try to do it better on this tank commander

2 opmerkingen:

  1. When I finish a much-demanding project I quite often paint up some minis to a lower standard, just for fun. "De boog kan niet altijd gespannen staan" :) Oh and those pictures are quite small in fact...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I'm not about to lower my standards ;-)
    just lowering the pressure....and missing the high pressure actually...But often the regular live steps in!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen